Sunday, November 09, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad-e-o



Yesterday was my dad's birthday. It was a rough day for him. I'm sure that he never thought that on his 54th birthday he'd be speaking at his mother's funeral. He did a really good job yesterday - in spite of his tears and what he thought were ramblings of an oldest son.

One thing that my dad said really stuck out to me. He said that speaking on his birthday wasn't what he'd wanted for a birthday present - but that knowing his parents were reunited for the first time in 42 years was the best present he could ever receive.

I love my dad a lot. He is a good dad and a good grandpa - always ready to lend a helping hand and rescue us in good times and bad. He is one of Elliott's favorite people. He always wants to know where "papa" is and when I say, "I don't know, where is grandpa" Elliott always says "work."

We're celebrating his birthday today with a Mexican Fiesta at my house for dinner - and at least just speaking for myself - some pretty lame presents, too.

Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails